Saturday, January 8, 2011

Laundry: by far the most troublesome chore in Korea next to crossing the street.

Okay. I have have to say this will be a two part post. So I figured I'll talk about the bad first. And yes, I mean bad.

So I am doing laundry today for one week's worth of clothes and this is with me even going a little college clean on some days. I have a grand total of 3 loads to do =(. I really need to figure out a system where I do not have as many. I can only wash so many clothes per hour as well. My laundry hanger is sprawled out throughout the room. And no, I did not make any grammatical error: it literally is sprawled out throughout the room.

So what does this mean of me? One of those class days will have to be devoted towards washing those tighty-whites that I had put off for the longest time. Another thing it means is that I have to break up the sessions it takes to dry laundry. Usually eight to twelve hours does it for laundry drying. Other than that, I like my place a lot. I feel that I am able to concentrate on things without much interruptions, loud room mates, people inviting me over to parties or to LAN sessions. (Not that the occasional LAN session isn't fun; I'm burnt out on it right now.) And for the last month in the states, it was a pain attending all those going away parties and studying Korean at the same time even though everyone meant well. So if I am lucky, maybe my clothes will be dry by the time I sleep. If not, they will hang over me while I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment