Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Being schooled in pizza by Koreans

Wow, life in the fast food lane can be pretty harry. I can't seem to wrap my head around certain restuarant themes. There is Mr. Big Hamburger: they serve small, medium and extra large burgers. No I did not make that up. They actually have size catagories for burgers. I refuse to eat a Large burger simply because I do not even see the point off living up to the America sterotype that everything is big. Burgers are small in America. You have rare exceptions but compared to Korea, burgers are small.

My next point: pizza. Between Japan and Korea, I have been totally schooled in the fine art of ordering pizza. Today I had a Rion Pizza which was pizza with wrapped ham with a sweet potato filling. Call me crazy, but who thought of this? It was killer. I would probably have never thought Koreans would school Italians and Americans in pizza, but I stand corrected. Next thing is variety: Korea has it but it doesn't. Every store I have gone to, I wind up with coffee or Coke for my drink selection. Other drinks have a voice too. And Korea make some good drinks, but I would like to at least order a diet Coke every now and then. Pizza School is one of the best places to go for food in Korea. There is pizza, pizza, and more pizza. And if your insides need a break from Kim-chee, Pizza School is a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment